Sunday, April 8, 2007

PTSD imminent

For the most part, I try to be flippant to lighten the mood and make things a bit more effervescent. That all went down the slippery slope this evening as I was jammin down the freeway on my way back home, when all of a sudden, a massive pickup truck about a hundred feet ahead completely sideswiped a sedan pulled over on the shoulder before swerving across all 4 lanes and plowing head on into the center divider. Seeing movement in the dirt next to the shoulder, I was afraid that the truck hit the person whose vehicle was already disabled. Having spent a past lifetime watching the worst car accidents on Youtube - including cars flipping over onto pedestrians - I feared the worst, nearly soiled my pants, pulled over and turned on my high beam and emergency lights before dialing 911. Thankfully, the woman wasn't in her car when it got hit. Then another lady pulled over to help and she stopped traffic so we could get to the truck. The man and his kid in the truck were fine, but the guy was crying saying he didn't have a license and that his son didn't want him to go to jail. The truck's axle snapped and it almost looked as if the man was trying to escape so the lady made him get out of the truck while I killed the ignition and put on the brakes. It seemed that everyone was in good health so I left the woman with my info and was on my way once more. In all this, all I ask is that you don't be a bystander.

No comments: