Friday, July 20, 2007

Día 10 (7/19/07): Atitlan -> Antigua

After a morning stroll to the lake, we spent the majority of the afternoon shopping. I bought a non-garish Guatemalan shirt and contemplated renting a moped (I'll save that for when Dr. Calderon takes us to Atitlan). For lunch, I swung by my favorite Guatemalan taco chain, Orale, and took my Q15 (~ $2) tacos para llevar (to go). Much to my amazement, they packed every type of salsa, onions, and cilantro separately (photo to come soon). On our way back to our hostel, a four-legged joined our coterie and followed us for about half an hour. By some fluke, our shuttle driver was punctual, and as the only 2 passengers on the shuttle to Antigua, Wilson and I each took claim to our own row, stretched out, and passed out. Back in Antigua, we wandered over to the pool hall to inhale copious amounts of second hand smoke and stare at the pool tables; Wilson won 3 games by default but I still won. :P Before calling it a night, we watched a pirated and subbed Russian copy of Sunshine which Mana purchased earlier in the day.

No comments: