Friday, March 16, 2007

Language Letter Zaps

Now Playing: Brian Culbertson - Dreaming of You

I was sitting at a table in front of McKibben Hall today, stuffing my face and making a mess with my Baja Fresh selection of choice, tres tacos steak with corn tortilla, cilantro, and onions. The usual monkeys were traipsing about in my head and I was debating voting for Dennis Kucinich, when I flipped open to the puzzle page of this month's Mensa newsletter: Language Letter Zaps. Nothing to get your pulse going, but it kept me engrossed the whole time so I figured it'd be worthwhile to share (esp. if you're a puzzle-phile like me). :P

So the objective is to find the name of a language embedded in the phrases by "zapping" the number of letters indicated (i.e. MEN GLIMPSE HER - zap 6):

1. STAGNATE LONG (zap 5)
2. SCARY MEAN PIANO (zap 6)
3. SPORTY BUG USES THEM (zap 7)
4. HIS WATCH IS LIGHT (zap 8)
5. INSPIRING QUOTATIONS (zap 11)

No comments: